Precision engineering since 1941
We are based in Huddersfield, West Yorkshire, an area rich in engineering history. Universal Engineering Workholding (UEW) Ltd manufacture and distribute a full range of workholding equipment including special and standard chucks, jaws, jigs and fixtures to all industry sectors from automotive to nuclear.
UEW was established in 1941 and has a team of experienced and highly skilled engineers, many of whom are graduates. Our production facilities are geared towards offering customers short lead times on all the workholding and workhandling solutions we offer.
Innovation and ideas
Innovative thinking is at the heart of everything we do. We don't just manufacture to client's drawings. We aim to understand your requirements and put forward robust technical solutions that you may not have considered, and which could save you considerable time and money. Read through some of our case studies to see how we have gone the extra mile to help our clients achieve great results.
Strength in depth
UEW is part of the Universal Group of companies, who bring together a wide range of engineering capabilities and expertise, including:
- HR Blowers - Manufacturers of positive displacement rotary blowers
- Turbo Precision Components - Precision machining of automotive components
- CNC Mill Turn - Subcontract machining of automotive components
- Wentworth Valve Components - Machining large body valve and other components
- Friction Welding Systems - Design and manufacture of friction welding machines
- Mastercraft Machine Tools - Used CNC machine sales